[Noisebridge-discuss] Free point of sale project contributions and requests for participants

William Heath wgheath at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 22:22:02 UTC 2009

Hi All,
I contributed a bar code scanner and receipt printer the last time I was at
noisebridge.  I also contributed a biology book.  I am curious if anyone
would be interested in teaming up with me to find the best opensource point
of sale solution with hardware etc...  There are a few I know of with high
potential:

openbravo pos (They incorporated tiny pos into there offering)
adempiere (Incredible opensoure ERP/MRP system)

I still lack a cash drawer.  Anyone have one?  Point of sale has always been
a passion of mine and many, many, many people need this help.  We must
combat the onslaught of quickbooks!

-Tim

P.S.

My goal is to find the most inexpensive solution.  To that end I was
interested in possibly using the tmobile g1 phone as a pos computer.  Let me
know your ideas however!