[Noisebridge-discuss] a request to the DIYBio people

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Mon Mar 30 07:04:57 UTC 2009

I'd personally love it if you guys could make sure that Noisebridge
generally is better informed about your activities.  You did let us know
in advance that you were doing stuff on Saturday, which is great.  But a
 report afterwards would also be really nice.  Here's specifically what
I suggest.  Other people may have different ideas but this is mine.

1. Pick a spokesperson (it can change whenever you want) that we can
expect to hear from, and ask questions of.

2. When you do Something, let the list know in advance AND afterwards.
For example, something like this:
"Today we successfully frobitized some DRNA moleculoids.  We used
chlorinated byprocessium which is poisonous if ingested in amounts over
5 grams.  There are 3 grams remaining in the diybio fridge, which are
clearly labelled.  No other hazardous substances are in there, or in any
other cabinets.  We cleaned up the surfaces used with SuperCleanStuff.
If you happen to ingest the byprocessium you should induce vomiting and
call the poison control center at [NUMBER]"

3. Print out a copy of that, date it, and tape it to the fridge.

In a nutshell, PUSH information out to us.  Please don't expect everyone
who uses the space to have read the entire Noisebridge wiki, or to be
following DIY bio with any particular interest.  There are actually
plenty of people who don't even read the mailing list.

Rachel