[Noisebridge-discuss] fridge at 83c

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 15:02:08 UTC 2009

I want to note a few things here:

   1. I think the DIY Biology project is a great idea. I strongly encourage
   you guys to continue your experiments. On a more selfish and long-term note,
   the policies you create for dealing with safety issues can be applied to
   future NB projects as a whole.
   2. NB is currently having significant space issues, and the DIYBio fridge
   is bigger than the current fridge. It is also blocking part of someone's
   shelf space.
   3. I have been at most of the recent meetings, and don't recall anything
   explicitly mentioned about a fridge. I may easily have been thinking about
   sheep while you were discussing it. However, I don't see anything on the
   meeting notes about it.
   4. Making a wiki page is a good start, but most of us don't have time to
   scan the "Recent Changes" page to see what's going on. I had no idea there
   was a safety page, although I am happy to see it's now linked to the front
   page. You should also use this page to mention what current members are
   involved in the project, if any.
   5. Never assume "It's on the wiki" is enough. You should make prominent
   announcements about your events and elements of it (like the fridge) at the
   meetings. Even put fliers up on the wall. This is partly to inform everyone
   about it, and partly so nobody is surprised when a random fridge shows up.

It seems that this has now been self-selected for a point on Tuesday's
meeting, which is terrific. We can discuss these points and more, plus you
get to promote yourselves. Looking forward to seeing you there!

aestetix