[Noisebridge-discuss] Google Grants

Shannon Clark shannon.clark at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 18:05:47 UTC 2009

I'd say "why not" - free is free.

A few immediate thoughts, assuming the process isn't too hard (may require
us to wait until our 501.3c is formalized):

- ads on some obvious stuff:

- hackerspace SF
- noisebridge
- makers SF

perhaps also on some of the various class topics we offer:

i.e.:

- mandarin lessons SF
- machine learning (SF)
- python classes (SF)

(not sure if many people search for such topics with a geography - but
Google's adword tools could help answer that)

and perhaps some less obvious stuff (perhaps directed to relevant wiki
pages):

- donating electronics SF (and variations such as "recycling electronics") -
perhaps to a wiki page which lists what we are open to receiving as
donations + local (and non-local) resources for recycling stuff such as
TV's, monitors, LCD's, large appliances etc)

Shannon C.