[Noisebridge-discuss] Google Grants

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Mar 5 18:14:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 10:05:47AM -0800, Shannon Clark wrote:
> I'd say "why not"

Well, it's advertising.  I wish there were less advertising in the
world.  Maybe the benefit (to us and to the world at large) is large
enough to balance the "semantic noise" cost of spewing more advertising
into the world, but if it were solely up to me, I wouldn't choose to
cause there to be more advertising in the world.

>  - free is free.

Mmmm, tasty logic in the morning.  Shall we pick up every free thing
left on the street, then?

-andy