[Noisebridge-discuss] Re: So disappointing...

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 08:45:51 UTC 2009

I propose that, to get around this problem, rather than having people donate
drinks and others buy them to support Noisebridge, we adapt a tithe. Drinks
are a representation of money and thus income, therefore we should
substitute a specific amount of membership fee as drink dues.

Specifically, on the first meeting of every month, Mitch (or someone in his
place) can go to the members who have not paid their dues in full and
collect drinks from them. The longer the person is a member, the fewer
drinks they have to donate. We can couple this with the "reading of the
names" so that when we force new members to get beer, we can send existing
members who have not fulfilled their tithes to get drinks.