[Noisebridge-discuss] Re: So disappointing...

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Mar 6 09:13:02 UTC 2009

Hi there.

It sounds like there are a bunch of folks who have opinions on how
this whole exchanging personal funds for beverages left unattended in
the space should work. What I see a lack of is people stating their
idea then also pledging their time/effort into executing said idea
(other then Christie who's been more or less single handedly spear
headed this, trying to make it again).

Anyhow, now I'm going to do a very hypocritical thing here by
suggestion a grand and amazing idea but not actually help with it's
execution (revolutionary, I know!). I recommend members (who care)
create a committee to deal with concession implementation, which will
help filter in those who actually want to help make this thing happen.

"Committe? That sounds like an extremely nutty douche-baggie idea!"

Not so fast there Captain Nemo! Check this shit out...

"4) Concessions
     * Beverages will be in the space, possibly food
           o Sol Mate, Club Mate, etc.
           o Concession implementation team TBD later
     * No vending machine
     * Honor system, both for pay and for fridge
     * Some discussion that honor system does or does not work
           o Did not work in Greg's experience
           o Does work for CBase (1000s of euro/month!)
     * We will try for 3 months, see what happens"

This is from the 20080930 meeting notes, the first meeting that was
held at 83c. It's like we already knew this was going to be an issue,
and proactively figured some things out, but then grew old over time
and totally forgot. It's like something out of Bill and Ted's
Excellent Adventure.

--
Rubin Abdi
Rubin at Starset.net