[Noisebridge-discuss] Public access laptops

Chris Palmer chris at noncombatant.org
Mon Mar 9 22:55:20 UTC 2009

Christie Dudley writes:

> The point being we deliberately deliver less than they want, so people
> don't start getting lazy and leaving their laptops at home deliberately.
> I think.

So what if a total non-freeloader who pays her NB dues and is super helpful
and friendly needs to check her Gmail account? Is elinks going to work? Is
this excellent person going to understand elinks? If she learns elinks, will
that somehow repay NB for the effort of providing the computer?

I mean, I don't even care either way. But you're not going to solve a social
problem by technical means, and when you make a system uselessly obtuse, you
fail to help people.

Back to doing useful work,
--
http://www.noncombatant.org/