[Noisebridge-discuss] Safety meeting tonight (March 12)

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Thu Mar 12 21:56:40 UTC 2009

* Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> [090312 12:47]:
> This is a reminder that we will have a safety committee meeting
> tonight at 83C at 7:00 p.m.

I was hoping to make it, but came down with a cold *sniff* ...
So I'll send along an update on the seismic upgrading I did a month
or two back.

I attached the shelves against the wall bordering Wiese to the studs
in that wall using braided stainless cable devices designed for just
that purpose. Still to be done are the shelves against the stairwell,
those against the South wall, and the shelves upstairs.

Before attaching the shelves against the South wall, we should
probably flip them around such that their diagonal reinforcement
straps are against the wall. Perhaps that could be coordinated with
taking inventory of what's on those shelves and doing one of our
periodic cleansing cycles.

As for the shelves upstairs, not sure about the best way to anchor
them...maybe tie one end to the wall and tie the free-standing
section to the ceiling joists &/or floor joists at a few points.

The seismic safety devices were from Cliff's Variety on Castro, but
the last I checked they only had the 4" versions, which are a bit
short for our purposes (believe I used 6" or 8"). Maybe one of the
Cole Valley hardware stores has some in stock.

I'm planning to move forward with these various tasks as time permits,
anyone wishing to join in on the fun is most welcome!

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact