[Noisebridge-discuss] Thursday science night ?

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Fri Mar 13 23:26:06 UTC 2009

* Michael Kan Kan <michaelkan_kan at yahoo.com> [090312 09:08]:
> It seems that besides Aestetix's " Five minutes of fame ", there
> seems that Thursday evenings are free.
> Can I host a " Science and engineering night " to have an open
> discussion and demo/ experimenting session?
>
> I have some good demo stuff with some that could be donated to
> Noisebridge.
>
> The general science and engineering could serve as a clearing house
> for forming new or joining groups here and abroad.

This sounds like a great idea, could you provide a few examples of
stuff you'd like to demo? I can see this being an umbrella under which
a variety of things could happen, as science and engineering covers
quite a lot of ground.

One thought that comes to mind is that Thursdays could be the other
night (in addition to Tues meeting night) that folks would know to
stop by NB to get a sense of what's going on. It looks like FMoF was
a big success, so it seems like a series of Thurs events filling out
the rest of the month, but with different structures (longer that 5
minutes, maybe multiple presentations going on simultaneously science
faire style, instructables irl...) could work out well. With the same
idea of being open to the wide range of what people are working on &
interested in.

On a personal note, Thursdays work well for me, as it's the only
weeknight other than Friday where I'm not having to catch an early
train the following morning :)

John

--
John Magolske