[Noisebridge-discuss] openeeg

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Tue Mar 17 19:25:44 UTC 2009

Al Billings wrote:
> Jake has mentioned some interest in hacking openeeg. This has been
> discussed here before.
>
> Other than him and I, who else is interested in this kind of project?
>
> For my case, I'd like something that talks to USB instead of older style
> ports but I'd also like some of the more experienced types here to tell
> us what kind of sensors we'll need since that is apparently a big issue.

I had some discussions about EEG stuff with various people over the last
year or so (Benessa, Kelly, Al, and a few others).

I'm interested in building some of the OpenEEG hardware but I'm also
keenly interested in the Emotiv gear. It's well designed from a "it fits
on your head and my head too" perspective.

I'd like to work on an authentication system, perhaps a PAM module that
uses the EEG; something that can detect duress or calm behavior in the
person wearing the device.

I'd also like to work on building a brain reading cocktail robot (this
was done by some Shiftz people a few years ago)...

Best,
Jake