[Noisebridge-discuss] openeeg

Meredith L. Patterson mlp at thesmartpolitenerd.com
Tue Mar 17 21:33:34 UTC 2009

I dunno, reading Vlad's post, it sounds more like he'd be writing
scripts that read in time-domain data and translate that into music.
Automatic music generation is pretty interesting, and you can often get
something that even sounds like music once you find a pattern in the
original source. Think of it as "audialization" rather than "visualization".

I'd be interested to hear what different people's brains "sound" like in
various conditions. A friend is getting my husband an OpenEEG for his
birthday, so when that gets here, one of the things I want to play
around with is just mapping the serial output to a tone generator in
various ways -- linear or geometric translations to something
human-audible, operations on derivatives of the curve described by the
serial output, I dunno. It's math. Sometimes it sounds like things.

--mlp