[Noisebridge-discuss] Maker Faire, let's do it

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:19:19 UTC 2009

Hey Everyone,

I am, indeed, setting up a HUGE Hardware Hacking Area at the SF Maker Faire (which is May 30 and 31 at the San Matea Fair Grounds).  As well as teach zillions of people how to make cool things with microcontrollers (and how to solder) I will sing the praises of Noisebridge there!

We will have workbenches with 40 solder stations going at once.  At the Austin Maker Faire last year we had 38 stations, and it was totally hopping!! for most of the Faire.  The SF Faire is about twice as big as the Austin one, so it will be beautiful chaos and pandamonium this year at the SF Faire!  (I'll be needing volunteers again to make it all happen -- please let me know if you're interested).

If we have a Noisebridge booth in the Faire (and I really think we should!) we can have them connected to one another conceptually (even though they will probably be in different buildings).  I imagine a Noisebridge booth being an area where a bunch of people can show off their various cool projects.  I will point people there from the Hardware Hacking Area (and also have stickers, and maybe more T-shirts).  Of course, the Noisebridge booth should also have stickers, maybe T-shirts, and those cool new Noisebridge buttons!  People can also have any amount of propaganda to pass out about their projects.

As I said in a previous email, I am way behind on catching up on my emails, but if no one has taken a moment to enter a Noisebridge Booth proposal on the Maker Faire website, will someone be willing to do it?  It only takes a few minutes:

http://makerfaire.com/bayarea/2009/callformakers/

Cheers,

Mitch.