[Noisebridge-discuss] surface mounting a really tiny chip, anyone able to help?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Mon Mar 23 01:02:49 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 05:44:43PM -0700, Adam Skory wrote:

> We think there's a way to hand etch a board, toss on some solder, and
> put it in the toaster. Anyone know about these things?

Up on the hack shelf, there's a toaster oven with "Make a reflow oven
out of me!" taped to its door.  That's exactly what you guys would need.

There's a bunch of parts missing, but the raw material is there for
whoever wants to tackle it.  It's sufficient for manual process:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Toaster-Oven-Reflow-Soldering-BGA/

But there are apparently better ways to go about this.
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com