[Noisebridge-discuss] FW: [Fwd: FW from Eva Meyers: ExCEL Request for Proposals 2009-2010]

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:40:01 UTC 2009

Mitch Altman wrote:
>   I wouldn't want you to unsubscribe, Michael.

Thanks!

> Is there some way we can collaborate on what we're bidding?

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. I guess my default behavior is to
bother other people as little as possible, to see what they are doing,
and then do something else.

We can either collaborate on the bid, or at the very least, coordinate
our bids so that we avoid duplication.

I'm a little torn - since teaching is now my only income, I do feel a
need to develop our own teaching reputation and to publicize the name of
our organization (Teach me to make) as much as possible. On the other
hand, by pooling our resources, we probably end up with a whole that is
greater than the sum of the parts.

On the other-other hand, collaboration is ethically and socially of
higher value. It's just the right thing to do. So I think I'd rather go
this way.

Let me think on this a minute to make sure I haven't overlooked anything.

Michael