[Noisebridge-discuss] Club Matte for Noisebridge

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 09:28:32 UTC 2009

To be clear, there is no soda that has ever been brought into noisebridge
that only cost us $0.25.  I suspect that people were balking at the $2.00
asking price, assuming $1.75 of that was profit for the space, which is
unfortunate.  We simply can't get it much below regular retail, which I
think confused the issue.  I haven't had time or energy to go through and
count what's left and what the take has been.  Preliminary counts were not
good.

It sounds like the club mate at the rates Mitch is quoting are about the
same as what we were getting for the red bull at costco.  I'm thinking it
might not be a bad idea to check around more to perhaps find better pricing
on what we bring in, if we decide to get more.  It's nice to have, but I
don't think it's worth the hassle of trying to stay on top of people who
continue to use the rest of us.

(Although I'm hearing different stories on "official"-ness from different
people - reports from 2600 that they're it differ from what people have
understood from the bottler.  This makes me a little uneasy.)

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 2:15 AM, Matt Peterson <matt at peterson.org> wrote:

> Did the lack-of-payments for the existing soda/drink stock get sorted?
> It would seem like a bad idea to import a bunch of expensive soda if
> we're still having problems recouping the costs of $0.25 varients ;)
>
> For those who don't know, Club Mate is a sort of legionary in the hacker
> space scene of europe.  Something more popular then say Mtn Dew or Jolt
> Cola, but similar in vain geekness, see <
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club-Mate>.
>
> (and yes, I'm a fan of Club Mate and reguarlly haul back two cases
> everytime I hit up .de)
>
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 04:55:59PM -0700, Mitch Altman wrote:
> >
> > I just got an email from folks at 2600.  They are the one official
> importer for Club Matte in the US, having set that up with the company that
> makes Club Matte in Germany.

I refuse to give up childish things.