[Noisebridge-discuss] Club Matte for Noisebridge

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Sat Mar 28 10:37:11 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 02:28:32AM -0700, Christie Dudley wrote:
> To be clear, there is no soda that has ever been brought into noisebridge
> that only cost us $0.25.  I suspect that people were balking at the $2.00
> asking price, assuming $1.75 of that was profit for the space, which is
> unfortunate.  We simply can't get it much below regular retail, which I
> think confused the issue.  I haven't had time or energy to go through and
> count what's left and what the take has been.  Preliminary counts were not
> good.
>
> It sounds like the club mate at the rates Mitch is quoting are about the
> same as what we were getting for the red bull at costco.  I'm thinking it
> might not be a bad idea to check around more to perhaps find better pricing
> on what we bring in, if we decide to get more.  It's nice to have, but I
> don't think it's worth the hassle of trying to stay on top of people who
> continue to use the rest of us.
>
> (Although I'm hearing different stories on "official"-ness from different
> people - reports from 2600 that they're it differ from what people have
> understood from the bottler.  This makes me a little uneasy.)

I just called my Coca-Cola distributor to get pricing ("thank you for
calling Coca-Cola, have a classic day!") and I'll get some more data
on Monday or Tuesday when the sales reps are in the office.  If I
remember right, it's about $0.33 per 12 oz can if you buy about $300
of it at a time.

The usual distributor for things like Red Bull in our area is DBI:

  http://www.dbibeverage.com/background.php?lid=11

We can't get their alcoholic products without also getting a type 51
or 57 license from California ABC and complying with some signage
requirements from the city, so I'm not even going to bother unless,
like, 20 of you want that.