[Noisebridge-discuss] High temp electronics

Jesse Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 21:46:36 UTC 2009

Hi Meredith,

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Meredith Scheff <satiredun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anywho, I want to make a home-made black box. I can get a casing of a

You may be interested to attend the black box teardown at ESC Tuesday.
 You can register for a free expo badge on site which will get you in.

Tuesday, March 31
7:00pm – 8:00pm
ESC Theater

Tuesday evening's teardown will take a look into the Sundstrand FA-542
Flight Data Recorder (FDR), better known as am aircraft's "Black Box".
Surplused from a Boeing 7x7 or other commercial aircraft, the
Sundstrand FDR was responsible for continuous logging of critical
aircraft flight parameters in case forensic analysis of a crash
episode was ever required (fortunately, the FDR here was simply at
end-of-life!). Join David Carey of TechInsight's Portelligent
(www.teardown.com) while we crack open the mysterious but serious
Black Box to see what makes it tick.

http://esc-sv09.techinsightsevents.com/product_teardown#blackbox