[Noisebridge-discuss] Proposed After Effects / VFX compositing class

esc mediapathic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 07:42:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:02 PM, sfslim <sfslim at gmail.com> wrote:
> I encourage you to research this if it is of interest to you. I am
> personally unaware of any free or open source VFX compositing packages at
> present. (That does not mean than one does not exist of course. In fact, I'd
> be rather surprised if one didn't.)

FWIW, Blender now has quite a bit of capability built in for VFX
compositing, and in fact has been used by some successfully as a
full-fledged NLE (Nonlinear Editor, a la Premiere or Vegas). I say
"some", because for some reason blender insists on crashing on my
machine whenever I try to use it for this. However, Viva La Theory!

--esc