[Noisebridge-discuss] Club Matte for Noisebridge

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Mon Mar 30 23:36:37 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 03:37:11AM -0700, Dr. Jesus wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 02:28:32AM -0700, Christie Dudley wrote:
> > To be clear, there is no soda that has ever been brought into noisebridge
> > that only cost us $0.25.  I suspect that people were balking at the $2.00
> > asking price, assuming $1.75 of that was profit for the space, which is
> > unfortunate.  We simply can't get it much below regular retail, which I
> > think confused the issue.  I haven't had time or energy to go through and
> > count what's left and what the take has been.  Preliminary counts were not
> > good.
> >
> > It sounds like the club mate at the rates Mitch is quoting are about the
> > same as what we were getting for the red bull at costco.  I'm thinking it
> > might not be a bad idea to check around more to perhaps find better pricing
> > on what we bring in, if we decide to get more.  It's nice to have, but I
> > don't think it's worth the hassle of trying to stay on top of people who
> > continue to use the rest of us.
> >
> > (Although I'm hearing different stories on "official"-ness from different
> > people - reports from 2600 that they're it differ from what people have
> > understood from the bottler.  This makes me a little uneasy.)
>
> I just called my Coca-Cola distributor to get pricing ("thank you for
> calling Coca-Cola, have a classic day!") and I'll get some more data
> on Monday or Tuesday when the sales reps are in the office.  If I
> remember right, it's about $0.33 per 12 oz can if you buy about $300
> of it at a time.

It's about $0.41 per 12 oz can delivered if we buy a few hundred bucks
worth at a time.  I'm getting more specific pricing tomorrow.

They also have a program where you get a free vending machine,
delivery, service, and product.  We would keep either 15% or 20% of
the sales depending on whether it's cans or bottles respectively.  I
said that we might not want to have their vending machine at first,
because it would end up getting electronics grafted onto it no matter
how good the locks are...

I also confirmed that CCE (one of the biggest if not the biggest soft
drink distributors in the country) is not already a distributor for
CM.