[Noisebridge-discuss] VFX Compositing Class kicks off (finally!) tonight at 7pm

Aaron Muszalski sfslim at gmail.com
Thu May 7 20:14:27 UTC 2009

After a couple delays, my Visual Effects Compositing class will hold
its first session from 7-10pm TONIGHT at 83c Wiese. I'm really excited
to get started with this, and I know many of you are as well.

For best results, class participants should bring a laptop with an
working installation of Adobe After Effects CS3 or CS4, and at least
30GB of available disk space. Working with alternate compositing
software (e.g. Nuke, Shake et al) is acceptable, although since my
presentations will focus on AE, my time to provide one-on-one
assistance to alternate tool users will be limited.

I'll be making footage available on DVD-R discs, although the total
source footage for the class project exceeds 40GB, and thus the DVD-R
handout will only contain a selected subset of elements. Participants
interested in obtaining the entire set of footage are advised to
contact me via email, as copying the data from my laptop to yours
takes a fair amount of time, and thus I'm scheduling such copies on a
first-come, first-served basis.

If you have any additional questions, please refer to the class page
on the Noisebridge wiki:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Professional_VFX_Compositing_With_Adobe_After_Effects

If you have a question not covered there, feel free to email the list
(if your query is of general interest) or me directly.

I look forward to seeing you tonight!

- Aaron

ps. I'm still hoping to offer a livestream of these classes, so if any
of you would like to assist in making that happen, I'd very much
appreciate it. My hope is that we could architect a simple streaming
infrastructure at Noisebridge, so that any Noisebridge events can be
easily placed online. To that end I will be bringing my Canon HV20 HD
camcorder, which outputs in a variety of formats, both analog and
digital (HDMI). As for what to plug that into next to make a stream
happen, I've no idea. Do you? Email me. :-)  Or just come to
Noisebridge tonight at 6 and help me set it up!