[Noisebridge-discuss] Call for discussion: the noisebridge "equipment lending library"

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Wed May 20 00:17:45 UTC 2009

A few months ago, Bill Nye (_a_ science guy, not _the_ science guy)
was kind enough to offer out his PA system for loan via noisebridge.
There was a bit of discussion about this before the DIYbio dust-up,
and we wound up removing it from meeting agendas in the name of
expediency.  We (err, mostly Jean and myself) then took Bill up on his
offer and used the PA for a project in other warehouse spaces.  We're
done with it now, and have returned the setup to the space (it's up
under the windows).

This means that it is once again time to examine the proposal: how
about a noisebridge equipment lending library, allowing people to
"check out" pieces of equipment to be used outside the space?  What
equipment would be a part of it, how would we manage it, etc?

I'm not so interested in leading (or even participating in) the
discussion, but am fairly certain others here would be.  So, this is
me, once again, starting a ball rolling, then trying desperately to
get out of its way.

Roll on,
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796