[Noisebridge-discuss] Cisco 3660

Dr. Jesus j at hug.gs
Sun May 31 08:06:24 UTC 2009

The 3660 blew one of its power supplies earlier today, which was
detected by the Mark I olfactory unit on one of the humans downstairs.

After using the consensus based governing process to conclude that
fire == bad and pulling the PSU was indicated, it was determined that
the problem is a faulty IRFBE20 power MOSFET in the power supply:

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/irf/irfbe20.pdf

(800V, 1.8A drain.  Yeah.)

I ordered a new one from Mouser to replace it.  In the meantime, the
3660 is running on its other power supply.

It's still crashing after the PSU swap.  I'm pretty sure it's software
caused because these crashes still look the same: a breakpoint
exception.