[Noisebridge-discuss] Space Viewing Report: 2101 Mission Street at 17th Street, #204

d p chang weasel at meer.net
Sun May 3 15:06:49 UTC 2009

Alex Perez <aperez at alexperez.com> writes:

> And hella good lighting :)
>
> On May 2, 2009, at 10:17 PM, Praveen Sinha wrote:
>
>> Maybe it just needs a hella good paint job

maybe paint, but lighting? it doesn't seem much different than the
current space (someone else commented on being in a dungeon). i know
some people don't like flourescents (as long as they aren't the kind
where i can hear them i'm ok :-)

i know the original posting mentioned that the owner was ok w/ mods, but
the lights are probably on a few banks rather than being independently
contrlled. having worked in a space where the few switches had multiple
conflicting labels written on the wall above them; it was somewhat
painful as people flicked switches to get their area lit.

it does look pretty good though (baring don french's comments as to the
late night ambience).

i guess a larger set of questions (possibly answered elsewhere that i
havent gotten to) would be:

 - are more things like this coming available?
 - is teh rent second derivitive (still) falling fast enough?
 - timeframe?

coming back from the train i think i saw this place (i just poked around
craigslist so am not sure).

>> http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/off/1150319361.html

 - mostly empty at night (this does creep me out sometimes)
 - probably way too big (12000 sq') for whatever price

\p
---
>From love comes grief, from greed comes fear; he who is free from greed
knows neither grief nor fear. --- The Dhammapada