[Noisebridge-discuss] New place locator

munkeyfreenix batcat munkeyfreenix.batcat at gmail.com
Thu May 7 19:00:09 UTC 2009

I think we're all guilty of the grand visions we don't have time for. I've
just learnt to give myself a reasonable time-frame before I consider a
project dead. But I did manage to sneak in the creation of a debian virtual
box and got mapserver running on it yesterday. was supposed to be working
too. shh!

To get a basic locator app together is almost trivial in terms of coding
(watch I'm going to choke on those words this week...) getting maps might be
a bit trickier. but once its in, then we have a platform to build upon and
we can have our own hacker gis for whatever we can imagine. i named the box
noisegish and I'm hoping maybe he can either live inside one of the servers,
or I will just move stuff over if they let me.

as for building, like I said, I am definitely down to build. but that sort
of thing requires some member meetings/discussion etc.