[Noisebridge-discuss] Best Netbooks?

Shannon Clark shannon.clark at gmail.com
Wed May 13 02:39:35 UTC 2009

Speaking of hacking something to run OS X I'm curious has anyone
successfully gotten OS X running on a ThinkPad (ideally a tablet such
as my X60)?

I've seen some mixed reports online of people managing it, would love
some firsthand feedback about the process, what works and what doesn't
and how usable is the final result?

My specific concerns:

- making sure sound works both internals speakers, internal mic, and
headphones jack (mic jack also preferably)

- power management esp screen brightness and other adaptive features

- tablet functionality ideally including rotation detection and tablet
specific buttons

- wifi (I understand I may need to replace my Intel wifi card)
especially around sleep & wake from sleep

- behavior on close lid/open lid (a serious issue with Vista so lots
of room for improvement)

Ideal case:

SD card slot works

Current OS avaiable as VM or boot option

External screens (ie presentations) work smoothly

Anyway may be my summer project.

Shannon

Sent from my iPhone