[Noisebridge-discuss] Best Netbooks?

Meredith L. Patterson mlp at thesmartpolitenerd.com
Wed May 13 03:16:27 UTC 2009

I'm typing this from an Eee 1000HE running Ubuntu NBR. My hands are
larger than most men's hands and I'm perfectly happy with the keyboard
(the only thing a little weird for me is the Belgian layout; even with
the US keymappings, the physical buttons are a bit strangely placed. A
US-bought one will not have this problem.)

Installing NBR was minimally annoying; the most complicated part was the
timing of getting into the BIOS settings to boot from a USB key. The
only problem I've had with it has been Skype, as the built-in microphone
doesn't seem to be working quite right under Linux; I will pick up an
external mike soonish and see how well that goes.

--mlp