[Noisebridge-discuss] portable audio recording hardware?

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed May 13 12:25:03 UTC 2009

Meredith L. Patterson wrote, On 2009/05/13 04:32:
> For some upcoming fieldwork, I need a digital voice recorder that plays
> nicely with Linux.

The closest you'll come to in my experience and research a year ago, is
the Olympus brand of recorders. They mount as USB mass storage devices,
which is better then most other brands that require you to use some
Windows application. Sadly it records to WMA, so you'll need to figure
out how to transcode to something more Linux friendly. I did not find a
good recorder that was just a storage device and saved to not stupid
audio file format.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net