[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Department of Homeland Security

Autumn Tyr-Salvia tyrsalvia at gmail.com
Fri May 15 21:08:53 UTC 2009

I think this is a cool idea, particularly with Christie's point that
the "license" grants no additional rights. Because wtf, we have those
rights already. Issuing a "license" counts as art, pointing out
exactly the sort of fear culture that has a bunch of people on this
mailing list freaking out that just by making this thing in the first
place omg they're going to hunt you down.

I mean, really? If we're going to get hunted down for issuing an
obviously fake art "license" to do things that are already legal, with
our own logo and language... we are so far beyond fucked with things
we currently do at Noisebridge that just by being on this mailing list
you're going to Gitmo. Seriously.

Yes, getting all aggro at a cop and flashing this "license" at them as
a way of justification is likely to cause you problems... but it's not
the license that would be the problem, it's the attitude and
aggression.

--Autumn/Atala