[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Department of Homeland Security

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri May 15 21:21:38 UTC 2009

aestetix aestetix writes:

> What is the reason? You're not doing anything illegal. I would love to see
> someone arrested for taking photos. That would blow up in the officer's face
> very quickly.

Being arrested for photography is unfortunately not unheard of.  It's
true that it has had legal consequences for the police departments (and
less frequently the officers) involved.

I think showing a police officer this sort of document would potentially
unnecessarily complicate any ensuing legal case.  For one thing, it
could shift the focus of attention away from the actions of the police
toward the actions of the photographer.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | un tigre, reflexioné.