[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge "Legal requests"

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Mon May 18 23:20:37 UTC 2009

aestetix aestetix wrote:
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/MemoryHole
>
> I'm seeing very careful wording here.
>
> "If you would like to request that Noisebridge remove information from our
> servers, we'd ask you to please provide us with such an order. We're strong
> believers in freedom of expression and we generally believe that censorship
> is a slippery slope that we'd rather not engage in."
>
> Has an event occurred behind the scenes prompting such a wiki page to be
> created? If not, why is it necessary?

I asked a lawyer, they seemed to think it was well written and would
serve for any legal issues that we may encounter.

>From time to time, we get requests to censor content. As someone who's
supposed to act on those requests, I think I like this policy and I'll
adopt it for any of the systems that I run. So much so, I setup the mail
forward to the Chilling Effects project.

Best,
Jake