[Noisebridge-discuss] iPhone podcast play speed

Eric Boyd mrericboyd at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 17:27:39 UTC 2009

Rubin,

That is totally awesome!  There is of course one final trick needed to
actually make this work: the tracks must be set to be "audiobook" type:

In iTunes, select all files to be changed.  Right click and "Get Info"
(yes edit multiple files), tab to Options, change "Media Kind" to "Audio
Book".  Then sync to iPhone, of course.

I have tested this on my iPhone and it works great.  Thanks so much for
the pointer!

I found this really interesting post as well:

http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=26859

It explains how to change the speed setting while in the iPod player
(not going back to the Setting menu), for iPods.  But it doesn't seem to
transfer to the iPhone, since we don't have the center button.  I
experimented a bit trying to find the equivalent, but no luck.  Anyone
else have any luck?

Eric