[Noisebridge-discuss] Hearing augmentation

Mark Cohen markc at binaryfaith.com
Sat May 23 07:25:53 UTC 2009

Not that this is the best or cheapest solution, but I require a
hearing aid and found that the Widex is tunable for specific ranges.
I'm able to hear better than most people without the aid, and tune the
response for different tasks... For example, I have a profile for TV/
Movies and one for Music as well as the standard.

The down side is that if you don't have insurance, one hearing aid is
about $4000 + the remote ($300) *Which is insanely stupid.. It
requires pairing, doesn't use bluetooth, and requires re-pairing when
you change the remote battery. The pairing process requires going to
the Audiologist with the tools... *suck*

/Mark