[Noisebridge-discuss] Hearing augmentation / Hearing Aid Hacking

Lee Sonko leelist at lee.org
Sat May 23 19:15:31 UTC 2009

When the father of a friend of mine died, I helped clean out the house. He
had several $3,000 Widex hearing aids. I tried but couldn't find any way to
resell them so I donated them to a local charity.... who, hearing their
interest level they had on the phone, probably threw them out.

There has got to be an opportunity for hacking here!

I never found a "good" place to donate the hearing aids to so there is no
central repository. There was some audiologist doctor in San Francisco that
accepted them (but I didn't take the time to drive down there to drop them
off). As always, start with the Google. The Ark of San Francisco does a lot
of donation house cleanouts (and the stuff ends up at local thrift stores)

Lee

  _____