[Noisebridge-discuss] Discussion Group: Function Programming in Embedded Systems.

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Sun May 24 04:37:11 UTC 2009

2009/05/23 munkeyfreenix batcat <munkeyfreenix.batcat at gmail.com>:
> I just read a book you can probably find cheap online, i think
> it was called Embedded Linux Primer. The book lays it out for
> you, with kernel source code, explanations of how to set up a
> crossdev toolchain, and a whole bunch of other goodies. plus,
> the amount you learn about the kernel is impressive. as
> always, the computer book stops short of the really valuable
> stuff, and doesn't answer all your new questions, but it gets
> you thinking.  the chapter on the bootloader and boostrap
> loader was really good too.

  Thank you. There is also a tutorial for getting Atom stuff onto
  the Arduino, as well -- so most of the basics are covered.

  More experienced embedded systems people are the ones who can
  comment on what the value of a system like Atom is -- that's
  the part I don't expect to be able to do for myself. There
  will be no sponging :)

--
Jason Dusek