[Noisebridge-discuss] A call for moderation [dramatic]

Jesse Zbikowski embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 02:57:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Praveen Sinha <dmhomee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe we can have a noisebridge-meta or noisbridge-policy list

There is an undeniable logical charm in the idea that posts
criticizing other posts could be found on a -meta list.

> to a certain extent I think people letting off
> steam and being boisterous is actually healthy for a community.

When I was in the larval stage we had a newsgroup called wpi.flame,
where people would go to wear their hearts on their sleeves, gripe,
snipe, make inside jokes, be silly and vicious, thoughtful and
profane, and nobody took it too seriously because it was just flaming
(a lame claim to fame: WPI is sometimes credited with the term
"flame").  We had the Magic card auction flamewar that spilled over
from wpi.forsale, "The Thread that Never Ends", "Freak in the ADP"...
I'd say to my roommate "Dude, have you been reading wpi.flame?" and
he'd be like "Man, start paying attention to alt.the world around
you."

Don't even get me started on the shenanigans over at wpi.test.