[Noisebridge-discuss] Leonid shower

mark burdett mfburdett at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 22:51:56 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Christie Dudley <longobord at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, the perseids isn't the best meteor shower of the year.  Let's
> count this as a "trial run" for the Leonids on November 18th.  That's
> supposed to be the Best!  (or at least better than years past.)

There is some discussion of peak viewing times for the Leonids at
http://www.imo.net/calendar/2009#leo  Does anyone have an
authoritative source on best viewing in Pacific time?  I'd guess
Monday night-Tuesday morning may be best.

Some forecasts are calling for showers on the 17th, with more showers
to the north and clearer skies to the south.

--mark