[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: [Shipyard] Rods & Mods call for work

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 20:24:47 UTC 2009

thought this might be some of you..

Rods & Mods

The Exploratorium wants to display YOUR case mods, restored computers, and
cool hardware hacks on February 11, 12, and 13, 2010.

Have you ever modified a computer to look like anything but a beige box or
boring laptop? Has your passion for Jules Verne, Star Wars, or mid-century
modernism manifested itself as an eye-catching disguise for your machine?
Did your need for speed lead you to overclock your multi-fanned,
heat-sinked, water-cooled processor? Ever sewn a computer into clothing, or
built one into a tree? Is your restored Apple Lisa or Amiga your greatest
treasure?

If you hack, restore, or reinvent computers, enjoy talking about your
passion, and live in the Bay Area, the Exploratorium wants to hear from you.
Like Ed “Big Daddy” Roth and those of the 1960s counterculture car movement,
you refuse to settle for “factory-made.” By adapting technology to your
personal vision, you and other modders have ultimately changed the ways
computers look and perform today. To share your stories and to show off your
stuff, we are hosting a 3-day festival on February 11, 12, and 13, 2010.

If you are interested in participating, please send your contact info, an
image and brief description of your computer, along with details of any
special requirements you would have, to Craig Anderson at
canderson at exploratorium.edu.

--
www.allpowerlabs.org - Open source energy

doing stuff and making things
---
"A traveler. I love his title. A traveler is to be reverenced as such. His
profession is the best symbol of our life. Going from - toward; it is the
history of every one of us. It is a great art to saunter." -Henry David
Thoreau