[Noisebridge-discuss] Volunteer opportunities

Don French dcfrench at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 00:30:06 UTC 2009

Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly cooks holiday meals on Thanksgiving
and Christmas and volunteers deliver them to shut-in elders in the
community.  The volunteers also visit with each elder for up to an hour at
the time they make the delivery.   I have done this a few times in the past
on Christmas and it is very rewarding.   This this year I volunteered to
work at the kitchen/distribution center on Thanksgiving.  My assignment was
to document everything that happened there on Thanksgiving day.  It was a
great time and a joyous occasion, as you can hopefully tell from the photos:

http://www.donfrenchphotography.com/Events/ThanksgivingLittleBrothers2009/img_0283c.htm

Over 600 volunteers delivered meals to over 650 elders. You can see what a
rich mix of people, ages, races, genders, ethnic backgrounds, etc. showed
up.  Well, it is just average San Francisco, I guess.  In any case, Little
Brothers needs volunteers to do the same thing again on Christmas.  There
are lots of things you can volunteer to do, including delivering, calling
elders in the weeks before, helping in the office, working in the kitchen or
helping with the distribution process on Christmas day.  If you think you
might be interested, contact Gina at gwithers at littlebrotherssf.org.  Tell
her Don sent you.  :-)

-- Don