[Noisebridge-discuss] A new Google Group, Signaltunnel: just technical discussions

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Mon Nov 30 00:00:52 UTC 2009

We'd love some company to talk about, you know, hacking, over on
signaltunnel:
 http://groups.google.com/group/signaltunnel

noisebridge-discuss is swamped with governance, trolls, drama, and all
permutations thereof.  A lot of the interesting people around the space
refuse to read it because it's, well, noise.  I find myself only stepping
into it for the above, and honestly couldn't remember the last technical
post that came across on it.  Seriously, check out the archive to have a
look-see:
https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2009-November/thread.html

Therefore, I opened a new email list.  A list exclusively for technical
chatter, questions, "Hey look at what I made!" and whatnot.  It is not under
the anarchistic idealistic banner of noisebridge, but one that's moderated
and focused.  For now, it's a free-for-all, anyone can join, and any member
can post.  I'd love to leave it that way, but I'm not opposed to turning on
controls as needed.  That said, I don't want it to be too centralized; I'm
more than happy to let a few other people be moderators if/when it comes to
that.

Please spread this word out to any hacker who's been disenfranchised from
-discuss: signaltunnel is not noisebridge.  It's only about the hacks (not
reading about the hacks, not "ain't this webpage cool," but honest-to-god,
"I'm working on this" or "I want to make one of these"), without a space to
maintain or a social structure to enforce.  We'd love to hear what they have
been working on, where there's stuck, or what clever "out" they found for
their problems.

To repeat myself, we'd love some company to talk about, you know, hacking,
over on signaltunnel:
 http://groups.google.com/group/signaltunnel

Happy hacking,
--