[Noisebridge-discuss] Seeking typers for the EFF talk Monday night

Eli skyofindigo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 06:02:55 UTC 2009

Hi there!

My name is Eli. Some of you've already met me; a lot of you have yet
to meet me. I'm friends with a bunch of Noisebridgers and have come
around the space from time to time.

I'd love to attend the EFF talk on Monday night, if you guys will have
me along. However, the catch is that I'm deaf and often need
accommodations for events that are heavy on talking. It's rather short
notice (and really cost prohibitive) to ask for ASL interpreters, so I
was wondering if anybody would be willing to sit next to me and let me
read over their shoulders while they typed notes during the talk. I'd
imagine that this would work best if there were folks already planning
on taking notes and/or if there were multiple folks willing to do so,
since it can be a bit fatiguing to take notes for two hours at a time.

I've already run this by a bunch of NB'ers in private, so ... erhm ...
::steps shyly forward:: figured it was time to throw it onto the
NB-discuss list and see if there were any willing folks...

Feel free to email me off-list.

Thanks very much in advance!

Eli

--
"drink and dance and laugh and lie, love, the reeling midnight
through, for tomorrow we shall die." -- dorothy parker