[Noisebridge-discuss] Journey rocked.

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Mon Nov 2 11:00:50 UTC 2009

Ok, time for a bit of an update. Our Halloween Journey thing was great!

We had a large number of new faces showing up at the space not knowing
what it was, getting the elevator talk, then asking how does one become
a member. I had three different people come up to me and ask about
teaching classes in the space. All in all I think we had around 300
fresh people came through our doors.

Many folks were impressed on how clean a "hacker collective" of such
size was. Woot, keep up the good work keeping your hacker space clean!

SF0 was extremely appreciative of us allowing them the use of
Noisebridge as the end location to their crazy game of street tag. Many
Noisebridge members were extremely tired and sore after playing through
the length of SF0's crazy game of street tag. If you played the game
please reply back here with some of your takes on it!

We never got around to playing a single cyberpunk movie, including Blade
Runner.

Jeffrey collected a shit ton of donations via a tip jar near our drinks
fridge. Andy collected a bunch of donations via a tip jar near our
t-shirts booth.

Noisebridge hosted a flash mob set from The Star Wars Cantina Band...

http://qik.com/video/3401604
http://laughingsquid.com/star-wars-cantina-band-street-corner-serenade/

Ian, Jackie, Sean and Sam of SF0 came by earlier in the day and helped
clean up and organize the space a bunch. The mess of Noisebridge build
out crap that was against the wall across from the shop doorway was
consolidated and given homes. They also came by today (Sunday) to deal
with trash and sweep+mop our floors. As of 1800, Noisebridge was
resorted back into a very usable space. I also feel it was the cleanest
it had ever been in over a month or so.

John looks good with long hair, Andy looks good in a skirt. I look weird.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net