[Noisebridge-discuss] Interaction with the police during the night of the 31st in regards to the fire escape and ladder to roof.

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Nov 2 23:23:40 UTC 2009

Thanks for dealing with officialdom on our behalf, Rubin.  It sounds
like you did a good job at defusing what could have been a sticky
situation.

Note that our lease allows us limited access the roof for repairs and
installation purposes -- we specifically discussed antennas and skylight
repairs/paint-stripping with the landlords during lease negotiation, and
they were fine with that so long as we take care to avoid damage to the
roof membrane and are willing to repair any damage that we do.

The lease does not grant us roof access for general purposes of
entertainment, observation, transit, astronomy, kite flying, blimp
launching, or giant robot building.

The roof is not prepared for general foot traffic -- it doesn't have a
gravel overcoat, it doesn't have decking, and it is a decade old -- and
*ANY* significant amount of traffic will result in wear, tears, and
leaks -- even if you're being careful.

So, please stay off the roof.

-andy