[Noisebridge-discuss] darpa network challenge

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 00:40:00 UTC 2009

I can think of a number of ways this could be solved.  The idea is to
mobilize people in the "fun game" to report if they see a balloon.

The approach I would see to how one would solve this is to mobilize a large
national organization.  There are thousands of such hobby, fraternal,
religious or mutual aid organizations in existence.  The real test is the
motivation of the individual members to report balloons.

I suspect that any organization that was able to mobilize people across the
country to report, particularly if they're not in major metropolitan
centers, would be of great interest to DARPA as potential unofficial
communications networks.

I think it would be awesome if locations of these started showing up on
4chan.  Of course, sorting out what was real and what was just people
running their mouth would take a different kind of organization.

Christie
---
Why I take the road less traveled?  Oh, that's easy.  I'm claustrophobic.