[Noisebridge-discuss] Lathe slaves?

Jesse welz welzart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 02:07:37 UTC 2009

The noisebridge lathe is only semi-functional at this point. It can be
used however the chuck key and the nylon gears required to make the
feed operate are not in house. Someone told me that they are with the
original owner of the lathe. You can still operate it though as I was
able to cut some metal on it the other day. I used a large flat-head
screw driver that fit into the square chuck key socket, which is not
ideal but works. The feed can be done by hand and you can get a pretty
decent cut if you are careful. Also, the cutting tool that is on the
lathe and the only one I saw in the shop had a big chunk cracked out
of it which I sharpened out a bit but it could use a little more work.

I could probably show you what I know, have learned but I usually come
into NB really late on week nights. Like 11:30pm or so. Let me know if
you can come into the space late sometime and I would be glad to help
you get up to speed.

Jesse