[Noisebridge-discuss] non-excellent couch behavior

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Sat Nov 14 02:55:10 UTC 2009

Seriously, can we knock it off with the invective?  There is a relatively
minor dispute over the placement of furniture and internal space layout
Both sides have valid points.  Nothing good is going to come of more
name-calling.

If you want to talk about it, come on down to the space, I'm buying beer.

--S

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Alex Perez <aperez at alexperez.com> wrote:

> On Nov 13, 2009, at 5:10 PM, Kelly wrote:
>
> > At this point I really don't know if it's a joke or what.  There's
> > been a lot of off-list discussion, and the main bullet points seem to
> > be these:
> >
> > - The couch movers assumed that a couch was what the ceiling was
> > built for
> > - None of the darkroom people were aware of this, including those
> > working on the ceiling
> > - People are concerned about the safety of having the couch up
> > there--maybe we can see some load-bearing calculations?
> > - Some people feel that there was nothing wrong with the couch movers
> > behavior, and others feel really hurt by it.  There doesn't seem to be
> > a clear NB protocol for excellence on this matter.
>
> The protocol shouldn't be for excellence, it should be against general
> douchebaggery, and the douches who put the couch back up there should
> not even attempt to defend their behavior. Have any of them actually
> tried to?

Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700