[Noisebridge-discuss] non-excellent couch behavior

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 02:57:40 UTC 2009

There is a contingent of reasonable people who viewed this as a prank
with no genuine risk involved.  One of the primary couch-movers was
qualified to assess the safety of the situation.  Now that some
explanations are coming out, I think it's clear that no harm was
intended.

It's really important not to put a damper on the spirit of do-ocracy.
I think that the main issue is the secrecy.  Please DO things!  But
doing things in secret because you know they will piss people off and
thus avoiding discussion is not cool.  And generally I would say that
the first time is free.  Oops!  I walled off the DJ booth.  Turns out
everyone embraced the window entrance.  But if it seems that the
people do not want ceilings to be couched, we should consider verbal
negotiation of ceiling furnishings.

-Kelly