[Noisebridge-discuss] How long will it take to have real personalHUDs?

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Sat Nov 21 06:55:25 UTC 2009

> My guess: 6±1 years until real retail use.

I'd put money on it taking more than 7 years.

Since I'm a betting man, parts that I'd put into the bet include:

The retail product has to be "afforable to the masses". It's hard to pin a
number on that but less than $1,000 is a good start. That's about what a
supersnazzy big screen TV costs.

The majority of users have to be comfortable wearing and using it for
several hours a day, most days.

It has to be useful. The possible applications I've seen for this stuff are
astounding (and get me excited every time I see them). But there have to be
at least a few compelling applications that actually run on this worn
device.

So, what's the wager? Is betting money too droll?

Lee