[Noisebridge-discuss] MonkeyBrains donates a new uplink to Noisebridge

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 21:39:50 UTC 2009

See, here is where I'm confused.  There are actions taken every day "in the
name of Noisebridge" as people tell their friends and new cool people they
meet about us.  Do we need to have each of these interactions approved?  No?

So what happened here was a subset of us accepted a donation.  Does the
action of accepting a donation require consensus?  We're supposed to turn
potential donors away or put them on hold until we've aired it for a couple
of weeks and talked about the pros and cons of accepting things.

Although I've actually seen this happen, I believe it's bad for the group as
a whole as we're exceptionally good at picking each other apart.  We will
effectively choke ourselves off from all resources if we continue to play
this game.

What Ani's original post fails to acknowledge is that nobody made any
commitments for anything in the name of Noisebridge.  Although it implies
differently, there's nothing else that happened here.

Christie

---
Why I take the road less traveled?  Oh, that's easy.  I'm claustrophobic.