[Noisebridge-discuss] MonkeyBrains donates a new uplink to Noisebridge

Rich Gibson rich.gibson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 22:36:37 UTC 2009

This is how the world works.  People talk about projects.  At some point
somebody actually does the project.  And then the other people who were
talking decide that they don't want to compete with something with is
actually in operation.

When Google, or Microsoft do this we talk about this 'sucking the oxygen out
of a space.'

Maybe the oxygen should have been sucked out of the other plan.  Or maybe it
was a much better idea.  But I don't quite understand your argument.

I _think_ that you are saying that a plan which you prefer was 'steamrolled'
by a plan which you oppose.

But it feels to me that your whole interpretive frame is missing the
elements of a) doocroacy and b) the generally non-rivalous nature of
bandwidth.